The Management subcommittee is responsible for all financial, human resource and operational aspects of running TMI Camp, and for committee governance.
- Finances: Oversight of revenue and expenditures, financial protocols, assessment of the financial impact of potential expenditures (w/ Treasurer)
- Human Resources: Hiring and Evaluation (w/ Chair), Salaries, Job Descriptions
- Camp Operations: Oversight of all operations, updating of Operating Policies, monitoring of facility use (summer and off-season)
- Governance: Committee functions, updating of by-laws, long range plan
Outreach and Education
The Outreach and Education subcommittee is responsible for educational programs, environmental impacts, marketing, communication, and volunteers.
- Education: Implementation of island education program (w/ Island Educator)
- Environment: Oversight of programs and policies affecting the camp’s environmental impact, monitoring of impact over time
- Marketing: Creation and execution of marketing strategies to maximize camp use
- Communication: Oversight of the TMI website
- Volunteers: Volunteer opportunities, support and recognition
The Maintenance subcommittee is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and construction of all TMI Camp buildings and infrastructure.
- Maintenance and repair: Oversight of TMI’s built environment, yearly updates of building maintenance database
- Project planning and evaluation: Assessment of the need for major repair and/or construction projects
- Project oversight and supervision: Monitoring of all projects taking place on TMI Camp property